Maintaining Your Personal Wastewater Treatment Unit:
Anything designed to kill bacteria in your body or around your home will also kill the bacteria inside your aeration system.
Aerobic Treatment Units are designed to handle domestic wastewater and nothing else. Never let anyone drive heavy equipment or vehicles over your system and it’s inlet/outlet lines and do not build any structure within 10 foot of an existing system.
The following items SHOULD NOT be allowed inside your system:
- Strong disenfectants or bleaches. If you must use these products then use conservatively
- Only use low-sudsing, low phosphate and biodegradable detergents
- Tide laundry detergent
- Water softner discharge
- Any type of oils, greases, or other chemical waste
- Disposable diapers or hand wipes
- Sanitary napkins, condoms or similar items
- Hair, bandages, rags or string
- Latex, plastic, or metallic objects
- Coffee grounds or cigarette butts
- Mud or sticks
- Paper towels, napkins or kleenex. (We recommend only 1 ply toilet paper)
- Tidy Bowl type products
- Beer waste or other rich chemicals
- Garbage disposal should be used sparingly, unless you have a disposal designed for septic systems
Enhance your systems operation with LIVE Bacteria!
Convenient pre-measured water soluble packets for use in septic tanks, grease traps, holding tanks, lift stations, and sewer lines. A live bacteria product that effectively degrades organic waste solids and grease to promote proper system functioning and eliminate odor.
Regular applications are recommended to maintain peak effectiveness.